Personal information is any piece of information that relates to a living individual (natural person) who can be identified, directly or indirectly.
You may have rights under privacy legislation to access, delete and correct the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, or if you have any questions or complaints in relation to privacy, please contact us. If we decide to refuse your request for correction of your personal information, we will notify you of our decision in writing, if required by law.
1. The personal information we collect about you
Ngāi Tahu Farming operates this website and as s part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
2. What else do we do with personally identifiable information?
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
3. Your obligations regarding the information you provide us about others
4. Access to and correction of your personal information
Under applicable privacy legislation, you may have rights to access, delete and correct the personal information held by us. You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. If we refuse access, or if we decide not to make the corrections or deletions you request, we will provide you with a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal, if required by law. We reserve the right, however, to deny or limit access or amendments to your personal information where we are entitled by law to do so (for example, where complying with the request could prejudice the prevention or detection of crime).
To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at:
Ngāi Tahu Farming 15 Show Place, Addington, Christchurch 8024
We take care with our physical, technical, organisational and electronic security to protect your personal information against loss, damage, misuse, unauthorized access, erroneous disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
6. Links to other websites
The Ngāi Tahu Farming website provide links to other websites for your ease and convenience. These websites may have different security standards and privacy policies. We recommend that you read the privacy policies for these websites before deciding whether to divulge information to these websites. We are not responsible for the information you choose to divulge to these websites.